October to December represents the buying season for most small and medium-sized businesses. In fact, 80% of these businesses have their fiscal year end on Dec 31st. That means they’re looking to spend unused operating or capital budget funds before their year end OR they are planning for new year investments. That’s why increasing your customer touches now during “BUYING SEASON” is always a great idea.
Here are 5 MUST-DOs for salespeople to achieve a BIG year end finish!
1. Revisit Old Proposals: These prospects may have not bought in the past, but they may be back in the window…don’t assume!
2. Increase Face-to-Face Meetings in Your Own Accounts: Being there in person helps you see what technologies they are using and spot opportunities you wouldn’t otherwise have known about. Plus, you and your company are top of mind because you are there with them!
3. Call High in Competitors’ Accounts: Call above your normal contact level. Why? Because the typical buyer may be offering business to the incumbent and by calling higher, you may be able to either boost your consideration rates and/or book the appointment with the traditional buyer if you get sent down to that level. Either way, there’s nothing to lose by calling high!
4. Meet with Your Service Technicians: Your technicians have in many cases better relationships than you do with customers. Ask your technician which accounts have problematic systems, which accounts are growing, who needs new applications, etc. You want to see into the accounts through your technician’s eyes to spot low-hanging opportunities!
5. Offer a Year End Promo: Create a compelling reason for customers to revisit their technology needs. Think beyond the product and offer something that creates urgency and a reason for people to get into the buying window or pull back decisions they might otherwise wait to make in 2024. For example, maybe it’s ½ price copies for a period of time, maybe it’s “don’t pay for 90 days” or some other packaging model that gets people thinking about buying sooner rather than later.
Q4 is the most significant sales and buying season in the imaging industry. During this time, businesses are actively seeking opportunities to make purchases, presenting a prime opportunity for you to capitalize on their readiness to buy your products or services.
Now is the time to engage your customers, and potential customers so you’ll be in on more deals, and ready to strike when they’re ready to buy what you have to offer!
Impression Solutions Inc. is a value-add, full-service distributor of printing and imaging solutions. ISI offers their dealers, resellers and their end users unparalleled service and support as an OEM full-line authorized distributor of Kyocera monochrome and color printers, MFPs, Wide Format Printers, printer accessories, printer supplies and customized printing solutions.
Recent launches include Virtual Inventory Services and IS Docs, a turnkey Document Management program for Imaging Dealers to grow their monthly recurring revenues (MRR).
ISI maintains a full inventory of over 2,200 SKUs of printer products ready for same-day shipment from their 35,000 square feet of warehousing space in 5 distribution centers from coast to coast.