Chances are you’ve already implemented popular best practices to attract and recruit your next sales superstar. Let’s review those and provide some new ideas for you to consider.
Popular Best Practices
- Employee Referral Bonuses: You pay employees a finder’s fee if they bring in a candidate, you hire them, and they stay for a specified number of months.
- Social Media Posts: You promote that you’re looking to hire a new salesperson on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and wherever else you have reach.
- Online Job Boards: You have created and posted a job description on popular websites that job seekers visit such as Indeed, Monster and other local employment opportunity forums.
NEW Ways to Find NEW Sales Reps
1. Create a FARM TEAM: Contact the professors teaching sales or marketing classes at your local college or university and ask them to spot talented people they think would be a fit for your position. This will help you create a scouting system for up-and-coming talent graduating every year or semester.
2. Ask your CUSTOMERS: Many of the nation’s top-performing dealers are leveraging their customers to spot and recruit top sales talent. Why? Your customers know what you sell, how you like to treat customers and if a sales rep selling another product or service might be a fit for your organization. Of course, you need to select the right customer but think about the variety of sales reps they would be exposed to!
3. Improve your CAREERS PAGE: Is your Careers page selling or scaring sales candidates? This is a critical landing strip for potential sales hires and depending on what they see, you may not hear from them at all. Unfortunately, too many dealers place more emphasis on updating their product pages instead of strengthening the Careers page on their website. The ideal Careers page will include job descriptions, a video tour of your facility, a president’s message on culture, photos that showcase the culture and even interviews with salespeople explaining why they like working for your dealership. The key is to remember that most elite salespeople will look at you through a digital lens before they apply, and your Careers page is a likely stop as they check you out.
Still Finding it Tough to Find New Salespeople?
Maybe it’s time to divert your traditional spend on recruiting toward marketing efforts; progressive marketing activities that help your current salespeople create more awareness, book more meetings and win more deals.
Whatever you do, you know it’s the people in your business that will ultimately determine your success. That’s why we hope these ideas help you rethink your current recruiting strategies and maybe try a few new ones!
When you do hire that new superstar sales rep, you know Impression Solutions is ready to help you get them up to speed so your business can prosper.
Impression Solutions Inc. is a value-add, full-service distributor of printing and imaging solutions. ISI offers their dealers, resellers and their end users unparalleled service and support as an OEM full-line authorized distributor of Kyocera monochrome and color printers, MFPs, Wide Format Printers, printer accessories, printer supplies and customized printing solutions.
Recent launches include Virtual Inventory Services and IS Docs, a turnkey Document Management program for Imaging Dealers to grow their monthly recurring revenues (MRR).
ISI maintains a full inventory of over 2,200 SKUs of printer products ready for same-day shipment from their 35,000 square feet of warehousing space in 5 distribution centers from coast to coast.