In today’s tight labor market, imaging dealers need to upgrade their approach to recruiting top talent. By implementing these best practices, you can attract top-level talent and grow your business even in today’s hiring climate.
Here are our top 9 recruiting best practices for imaging dealers:
1. Keep Your Careers Page Updated – Make sure you include current offerings and keep them up to date with proper job descriptions. To attract millennials and Gen Z employees, showcase your company’s community involvement to help sell your company.
2. Connect with Potential Future Hires on LinkedIn – Make your company top-of-mind when potential hires start prospecting for work.
3. Create a Recruiting Video(s) – Ideally, the company President, sales, or service leader should create a video explaining the position, your company environment, and the opportunity. Videos are much more effective than simple text.
4. Leverage Team Member Testimonials for Any Open Positions
5. Use Actual Photos of Your Team and Facility, Not Stock Photography
6. Shoot a Video Office Tour – Have someone walk through your office so any candidates can see your actual work environment. This is a popular technique for attracting millennials and Gen Z candidates.
7. Stay on Top of Your Ratings and Reviews – Online applicants will do their due diligence and look at your Glass Door reviews, Google Ratings, and other sites to see if your business is a fit.
8. Offer Your Recruit a “Shadow Experience” – As part of the interview process, have candidates shadow someone in the role they are applying for half of a day. This can help them to better visualize their role and can provide a better candidate because they understand their what will be expected from them.
9. Provide Staff Incentives for Recruiting – Offer your team members a financial incentive to recruit using their social networks. A small percentage paid on the date of hire, with the balance of the bonus paid at a milestone like 3 or 6 months, works best.
When recruiting in a competitive job market, utilizing these best practices can help your company stand out from your competitors. These techniques can help define your brand, and company philosophy so potential hires can make an informed decision about why joining your team is a career-building move.
Impression Solutions Inc. is a value-add distributor of printing and imaging solutions and is an OEM full-line authorized distributor of Kyocera Monochrome and Color Printers, Multifunction Units, Printer Accessories, Printer Supplies and Customized Printing Solutions. Their headquarters is in Columbus, MS.
Watch ISI’s Dealer Insights Show for practical and actionable business strategies.